All you ever wanted to know about AMERICAN IDOL

Check out the growing AMERICAN IDOL BLOG. New features and articles being added all the time. AMERICAN IDOL BLOG

Who has nicer boobs?

Should the Emmys add a new category for best reality TV show judge?

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Kara DioGuardi Putting some Money into Make-up for American Idol

As a Grammy-nominated songwriter, Kara DioGuardi has worked with the likes of Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, the Jonas Brothers, David Cook, Britney Spears and even Celine Dion. But as a judge on the forthcoming season of "American Idol," how will she fare with the likes of Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul? Well, she'll find out Tuesday (August 26), when she meets up with her new co-workers for the first time during the New York round of "Idol" auditions.

In a conference call with reporters on Monday, just hours after she was announced as the reality show's fourth judge, Kara DioGuardi admitted that she's "a little nervous" about her new gig — but that doesn't mean she's going to be a pushover.

"I'm going to be a straight-shooter and say it like I see it and maintain that philosophy," she said, according to People.com. "I'm somebody who's really honest and gives an opinion. If I feel I need to be hard, I will be. And if I feel I need to be more nurturing, I will be."

Kara DioGuardi said she "almost fell off the chair" when the show's producers contacted her about the job, and expressed excitement about working next to Abdul, with whom she collaborated on Kylie Minogue's 2000 track "Spinning Around." Asked if she thought Abdul felt threatened by her addition, Kara DioGuardi said that, though she hadn't spoken to her colleague, "I would think she'd be excited."

The songwriter added that she hopes to inject "a new chemistry" into the panel, but she's not entirely sure how the judges will break ties during the auditions. While most viewers won't recognize her when the next season of "Idol" gets under way this coming January, Kara DioGuardi said she hopes fans will accept her.

"I'm not a household name," she said. "I'm putting some money into buying some makeup."

No comments: